War for Middle-earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trollshaws

2 posters

Go down

Trollshaws Empty Trollshaws

Post  Yrobryn Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:33 pm

The upland woods, consisting at least partly of beech trees, that lay to the west of Rivendell between the Rivers Hoarwell and Loudwater. They were the haunt of trolls, three of which famously waylayed Bilbo and his companions during the Quest of Erebor.

Trollshaws Trollshaws.sized
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

https://warformiddle-earth.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Trollshaws Empty Forest

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:29 am

<I told you Beleg, noone will appear today. I guess the trolls aren't very satisfied with us after our last... Let's say... Clash... Hahahaha...!>

<Hiiiiiiihhhiiihhh....!> Beleg whinnies cheerful standing on it's back legs.

Maërwen Elerdiir and her white horse Beleg where taking a walk through the Trollshaw. They had been living in there since she was a little child and got lost from her parents during a trip of the elves of Rivendell to Lindon.
The day was strangely calm. All they could feel was the familiar noise of the wind running against the leaves of tall trees.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Trollshaws Empty Forest

Post  Yrobryn Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:03 pm

Yrobryn is seen riding his dark horse near the river east of Trollshaws, at a certain point he looks to the big and wide forest and suddenly feels a desire to cross it.
Getting off his horse he felt the effect fadding and said to himself

Troll's witchery... I must not give myself to it

But he left his eyes wondering until they found the trees again.
Pulling his horse he walked into the forest's direction, entering it.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trollshaws Empty Forest - The Encounter

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:21 pm

The girl and the horse arrived to a large glade, apparently destroyed by the Trolls.
The green and fresh grass called their attention.

Let's rest here for a while Baleg... I'm tired... I'm starting to think noone will amuse my day... She said, upset and bored.

Maërwen and Baleg lay on the ground. The horse takes the chance to eat some grass and some minutes after, the elven girl falls asleep, packed by the noise of horse breathing.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Trollshaws Empty Forest - near glade

Post  Yrobryn Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:48 pm

In a coincidence, Yrobryn was near the very same glade, walking over old leaves and tree branches that fell from nearby trees, breaking them and making that distinct noise, echoing through the forest.
He was still pulling his horse that was carrying all his equipment.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Suddenly Maërwen wakes up in a jump, adopting automatically a defensive position by instinct. She looks around to find where the noise was coming from. Beleg was already awake and perturbed.

Ssssshhhhh Beleg...! She said, trying to calm down the horse and flattering his mane. Let's hide behind that bush over there. And try not to make any noise...!

The horse nodded in agreement and followed her until the bush quietly.
Then Maërwen looked through the leafs, curious.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Trollshaws Empty Forest - the encounter

Post  Yrobryn Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Yrobryn was walking, the tree branches cracked at each step he took, he was not beeing discrete.
Suddenly, from behind a tree a big troll emerges, the shadow around some trees was hidding him, he was carrying a big spiked club that was beeing violently directed at Yrobryn.
Quickly, the dunedain pulled his bow from his back and shot an arrow... That arrow penetrated his skull right between the eyes, killing the beast before any harm could be inflicted to Yrobryn.
Almost like a lifeless zombie, the warrior resumed his way through the forest, ignoring what lured him to it.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm

From behind the bush, the elven girl was watching the whole scene silently. After the man kill the Troll so easily, Maërwen raises an eyebrow.
Who was him...? She said to herself. He got a bow... Maybe an elf...?
Maërwen kept thinking. And decided to follow him through the forest, but keeping some distance for safety. She was curious about the man. He might be an elf...
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Trollshaws Empty Forest - the encounter

Post  Yrobryn Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Yrobryn kept walking, until he stoped... looking to the ground he shouted
Who are you?! why do you follow me?!
Those words echoed through the forest, not much more time would be needed for more trolls to apear on the area.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Beleg kept hidden while Maërwen climbed to the top of a tree. By the time he made that question, the elfen girl was already jumping from the tree into his direction and landing near the man. She lands right behind him and points her dagger to his neck.

Who are you ranger? She asked in a lower voice, fearless.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Yrobryn, son of Rabryn, commander of the armies of Gondor!
Leave me be, it is better to stay out of my way, unless you serve Darkness you have nothing to fear me.
Said Yrobryn, with an arrogance not common of his beeing, and suddenly he took a step to his right side and drawn his elven dagger from his belt, intercepting the attacker's dagger while turning his own body to her.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:20 pm

Maërwen was caught by surprise and stepped back, yet holding the dagger.
The word "Gondor" was echoing on her head and ignoring his presentations, she looked at him serious.
When she returned to herself, she asked him, still arrogant:
What are you doing in this forest Stranger? And just for you to know, you're under the Troll's witchery... Hahahaha... She laugh.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:25 pm

With those words the troll's enchantment broke and he came to senses.
He looked to his dagger and to the elf in front of him, immediatly taking away the weapon he said:

What?what am i doing here? I was supposed to go to the shire!

Who are you? he asked confused while walking towards his horse "Mordo"
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Watching him throwing his weapon away, Maërwen kept hers on her belt. Then looked back to him. She was curious about the man in front of her.

My name is Maërwen Elerdiir I think. Amin edhel. And with the last sentence she meant she was an elf.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:50 am

Nice to meet you Maërwen Elerdiir, i am Yrobryn from Gondor. And he extendended his hand

Why do you stop in this places? What brought you here? He asked not knowing that actually she lived there most of her life

This is not a good place for a beautiful elf like you He continued
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 am

Maërwen wasn't used to so much courtesy since she got lost in the forest. But she decided to make an effort in order to remember how to behave civilized.
In fact, Maërwen was living like an wood elf, but she was a noble from Rivendell despite not knowing it.
So she extended her hand to him.

I got lost here when I was a child. I remember my parents where travelling to somewhere and suddendly I lost contact with them. She explained

Beleg! And the horse appear ready to serve his owner. My horse returned back to the forest and found me here. So we have been living here since that. She continued, ignoring his last sentence.

What about you? What a commander of Gondor might be doing here?
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 am

Well he said I am on my way to the hobbit regions, my objective is to contact them and explain the situation of Middle-earth as well to ask for their support. He continued But you lived all your life here?So you know what is happening in the moment, that the dark forces are rising once more? He then asked assuming that maybe she does not know what is happening around the free lands.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:24 am

The girl turned to Beleg, the horse, and gave him a carrot to eat, looking disinterested about what he was telling her.

Humm... I know some...things...
She turned to him and shrinked her shoulders. It is our fate.
And kept feeding the animal.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Post  Yrobryn Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:30 am

Seeying the lack of interest from Maërwen Elerdiir part, Yrobryn said
So are you going to stay here? I must be going now, the message is urgent because we don't know when an army of orcs with trolls can invade our borders and take our cities, killing everybody. He stated wary of the possibilities.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:51 am

Continue your journey Gondor commander. She said. I wish you good luck.

The elf her back to him and disappear in the forest as well as the horse.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Trollshaws Empty Re: Trollshaws

Post  Yrobryn Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 am

Yrobryn felt a little empty to see such a beautiful elf turn her back to him, but he had to proceed.
He grabed his elven dagger and called his horse "Mordo", that was eating some grass a couple of meters away from him, he got up to it and slowly galloped his way out of the tainted forest, maybe to never return.
Yrobryn
Yrobryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maërwen Elerdiir Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:19 am

Maërwen and Beleg were walking in the forest when she stopped sudendly. The horse neighed low like if he was calling her attention to procede, but she continued paralyzed, thinking. That moment seemed an eternity.

Let's go back Beleg, I have a bad feeling about this, but I have no choice. And without waiting for the horse, she started walking back to meet again the Gondor Captain.
The horse sighed, a sign of criticism, but followed the elf.
Maërwen Elerdiir
Maërwen Elerdiir

Back to top Go down

Trollshaws Empty Re: Trollshaws

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum